Professional Profile of KM Taj-Biul Hasan:
Always try to work with the ability to use the power of the visual medium to create powerful positive emotional responses
to influence the public attitude as because a single picture is more power full than million of words.
Field of Competence:
Having 28 years professional experience on Filmmaking and Television Program Production. Expertise on Research, Planning, Script writing, Direction & Cinematography. Conduct teaching programs on Filmmaking home & abroad.
Personal and Career information:
Mr. KM Taj-Biul Hasan is a filmmaker , Cinematographer and Researcher.
He obtained his B.Sc. (Hon’s) in Zoology and M.Sc. degree in Fisheries from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh and having scientific research papers on fisheries. Due to a lot of fascination on audio-visual media, he adopted himself with this profession
and subsequently completed his Diploma in Photography (Dhaka) and Diploma in Filmmaking (New Delhi). In 1992 Mr. Hasan joined the Film and Publication Dept. of Bangladesh. Later on he switched over to Bangladesh Open University as an Educational Program Producer
/Director and continued his service there until his self-retirement in 2011. After leaving Govt. service, he joined as the Head of Audio-visual division of Drik Picture Library Ltd. the country’s most renowned audio-visual production providing
organization. Now he is attached with Dhrupad Communication as a media consultant. So far produced; 135 Educational Television Programs as well as directed 03 TV fictions for BTV and made 25 documentaries till December 2019.. He loves to work on Environment,
Human rights & human development issues. Mr. Hasan completed professional training courses from BBC (UK), BFDC (Dhaka), CENDIT (New Delhi), CEMCA (New Delhi), Deutsche Welle Television Training Centre (Berlin), DUPS (Dhaka) , NIMC (Dhaka), STOU (Bangkok)
and NHK (Tokyo) on film and television program making. A good number of his films got the most acclaimed international awards and appreciations. Besides this being a researcher, he presented papers in the 28 International audio-visual media events
around the world till December 2018 and has publications in the reputed international journals. He has also teaching experience in the Film-Television and Digital Media (FDTM) Dept. of Green University of Bangladesh, Biological Science Faculty of
Dhaka University, International Academy of Film & Media(IAFM). Bangladesh Short Film Forum etc..So far he has visited many countries of Asia, Europe and Africa for his professional reasons.
Significant Professional Achievements:
01. The Best Documentary: 10th CMS VATAVARN Environment International Film Festival-2019,
New Delhi, India.
02. The Tokyo Docs (COA) Award -2019: Tokyo, Japan.
03. BEST DOCUMENTARY: INTERNATIONAL-SARAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2019, Bihar, India.
04. The Best Short Documentary: The 12th International Kuala lumpur Eco Film
Festival–2019, Kuala Lumpur.
05. The Best Topic Award: The 3rd ASA International Humanitarian Film festival -2019, Weimar,Germany
06.The Best Documentary Award in FFIFF - Film Frames International Film Festival -2019
07. The Best Documentary Award: The 7th Annual DC South Asian Film Festival-2018, Washington, USA.
08. The Best Documentary Award: The 6th My Mumbai International Film Festival-2018, Mumbai,INDIA
09. Hoso Bunka Foundation Award:
NHK Japan Prize Competetion-2016, Tokyo ,Japan.
10 .The Best documentary Award: XVII. Faludi Film Festival-2013, Budapest, Hungary..
11. National Federation of UNESCO Japan Prize winner: NHK Japan Prize Competetion-2013, Tokyo ,Japan.
12. National Federation of UNESCO Japan Prize winner: NHK Japan Prize Competetion-2010, Tokyo, Japan.
13. Silver Frame Trophy Award: [In the Naturalistic Documentary Section] 5th Imperia festival-2010 Rome, Italy
Federation of UNESCO Japan Prize winner: NHK Japan Prize Competetion-2007, Tokyo,Japan.
# Recent Interntional Presentaions:(2010-2018)
of the 'International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR)' 27-31 July 2016 (Paper Id: 11961) Leicester, UK .
# Speaker of the '8th WEEC-2015 (World Environmental Education Congress)'
28-June to July 2015,(Paper id : 150604-1206) ,Gothenburg, Sweden.
# Speaker of the'7th World Summit on Media for Children of 21st Century' in the session of Writing Appealing Educational
Program Proposal for Television on 07-11 September.2014, Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia.
# Speaker of the '7th WEEC-2013 (World Environmental Education Congress) 09-15 June 2013, Paper id –Thematic Niches -FES
6 , Casablanca ,Morocco .
# Speaker of the “International Producer Conference for Educational Media ( IPCEM)” of NHK Japan Prize- 2013 from 21-26 October, 2013, Tokyo, Japan.
# Speaker of the 10thyear Celebration forum of Educational TV Program of NHK Japan Prize -2012 from 18-22 October, 2012, Tokyo, Japan.
# Speaker of 'Guide International Workshop' 18 – 19 March 2010
# Speaker of 'International Communication and Media Conferecne (i-COME’10)' Id: UUMCAS/S- 5 Malacca, Malaysia.
# Speaker of the 'Six International Internet
Education Conference, ICT-Learn-2007'(Paper code.20518) ,Cairo, Egypt.
Web-Link of prominent film related international news (2007-2019)
Web-Link of International research articles: (2010-2017)
1. Media Consultnat : Dhrupad Communication (2014-Present)
2. Head of Audio-visual : Drik Picture
Library Ltd . (2012-2014)
3. Program Producer/Director : Bangladesh Open Univeristy (1993-2011)
1. M.Tofazzal Islam, Ph D (AvH & JSPS Fellow) ,Professor -Department of Biotechnology Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University ,Gazipur-1706 ,
Bangladesh Cell: +88-0171-4001414 , E-mail:email@example.com
Md. Monjure –E khoda Tarafdar,TreasurerFareast International University
(FIU) Dhaka Ex-Registrar of Bangladesh Open University (BOU) Cell:+8801716066567
3. Prof. Dr. Sagir Ahmed ,Department of Zoology.The University of Dhaka. Bangladesh. Cell:+88 01552422621. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Dr. Khandoker Azizul Islam , Joint Secretary Ministry of ICT Government of Bangladesh.
Agargaon , Sher –E- Bangla Nagar , Dhaka ,Bangladesh. Ph: +880 1711707421 E-mail : email@example.com
Father’s name : Mr. Abdul matin
Mother’s name : Mrs. Shaleha Khanum
Name of Spouse : Mrs. Shyfoon Naher
National ID no : 370 416 17755
Name of daughter 01
: Ms. Novera Hasan Nikkon
Name of daughter 02 : Ms. Nandita Hasan Nandini
Contact & Mailing Address:
DCC-1078 Ibrahimpur, Dhaka Cant.Dhaka-1206,Bangladesh
Ph: +880 1914898535(cell) and +88 02 8714114 (Res.)
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/tajbiul.hasan.5